How did you hear about this blog?

Thursday, September 5, 2013

This year's art room theme...get organized!

Wow! It has been a while since I've updated. We are back in business for the 2013-2014 school year! So far year three has been much much better than years 1 and 2. Here are some pictures of my room set-up this year!



Before & After
(I couldn't get in my room until the actual day that teachers came back, so this is only after 4 days, filled mostly with meetings too!)


My handmade Elements and Principles visuals. Still need to make a texture one...
 
 


Right outside the art room, complete with a poster with careers in art and also how the art curriculum coincides with the new MD Common Core Curriculum.


The art room hall pass




My new behavior paint palette. The students have to earn all 5 colors to get a star on the star chart. The 6 stars on the bottom are warnings. They have to keep at least 1 star in order to get the 2nd and 3rd colors. I got this idea from an awesome art PD workshop this year!
 
The star chart...7 stars gets you free art day!
No more table captains...my new table set-up, complete with a Velcroed pencil sharpener, trash can, and even sharpie markers. Soooo much more organized and easy!
 
 4th grade hot air balloon sculptures were saved over the summer and we used them to decorate the hallways and school for back to school night and the first day of school!




 

 
 
 Love, Mrs. Mazurek

No comments:

Post a Comment