How did you hear about this blog?

Friday, December 2, 2011

Vincent Van Gogh Sunflowers

Second grade was working very hard on their Vincent Van Gogh Inspired Sunflowers. First we learned all above Van Gogh and his crazy life and we looked at lots of his artwork, especially his sunflower paintings.

We then learned how to use oil pastels and blend colors to make it look like oil paint. Students drew from actual sunflower still life vases and were encouraged the draw what they actually saw. These look so much more beautiful in real life because you can actually see the thickness of the oil pastels. They loved getty messy and really working this into the paper. Amazing!!



This one looks like actual oil paint in real life. The photograph doesnt do it justice!


They learned how to blend colors to make thier vases look 3D with light and shadow.



1 comment:

  1. Hello! This is Mr. E from Art With Mr. E I just found your blog(LOVE THE BACKGROUND!!!)...and though I'd feature you on my blog to help you pick up some traffic. If you want that is! :) Let me know...and I'll do a post of ya. I'm going to place you on my blog roll as well. Many teachers have said their site meters say they get a lot of traffic coming from my site..so maybe that will pick up your followers and such!!! Just e-mail me some info and I'll put it up on my blog with your link!!! artwithmre@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete