How did you hear about this blog?

Friday, November 11, 2011

5th Grade Who Am I? Silhouettes

Fifth grade has been working very hard on their Silhouette Self Portraits. They had to come up with a written list that answers the question "Who am I?" They had to answer four different questions: Who am I? What do I believe? Where am I from? What are my favorites? and turn their answers into visual symbols.

We traced each students silhouette and they filled their heads with symbols drawn in Sharpie. Then they used colored pencils and watercolors to add color and details.These really turned out great:





Next: Cardboard masks inspired by Eric Straw and Kimmy Cantrell!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder, how long did these take? I used to do a 3 dimensional version of this but I haven't in a while - We cut them with a zigsaw out of heavy cardboard and then made them stand. They did something different on each side - good and bad, or what's inside me and what people see, or the real me and my dreams, etc.

    Anyhow, I was thinking about doing this (a one-sided version) for an end of the year project with my 5th graders who need to settle down right now, but now sure I'll have enough time. They tend to be pokey.

    ReplyDelete